I’ve been making websites since 2010, and I’ve used AWS cloud services to host several websites. However I never looking into what route 53 was until recently.
I decided to check it out about a week back, and ended up purchasing this domain name.
I feel that many people are hosting sites with AWS and yet managing their domain names with other companies. Which is fine, but personally I find it saves time to manage everything in one location, and AWS offers decent pricing with free domain privacy searches (I was paying for that with some domains I have on Godaddy).
I feel that Amazon is offering a good server at a good price and I want to tell others about it. So let me walk you the reader through the steps to purchase a domain with Amazon.
- Sign into your AWS account. If you don’t have an account learn how to set one up on my article on how to set up an AWS account.
- Click the Services button. Select the A-Z tab and then to down to the Rs and select Route 53.
- Now you will be in the Route 53 dash board. From there click on the Register Domains tab on the left hand site.
- From the Registered domains screen, click on the “Register Domain” button.
- From the “Choose a domain name” screen, one will be able to select a domain name and check its availability.
- Add the desired domain to cart.
- Click continue.
- Verify contact details. From here privacy can be enabled if desired.
- Verify & Purchase, click “Complete Purchase”, and you are done.
That’s it, now you have a domain name purchased through AWS.