This is a simple writeup to help one create an AWS account. AWS is offering new subscribers a Free Tier account for 12 months. This free tier has limits and is provided with the goal of giving users hands on experience with their services.
- Go to https://aws.amazon.com/.
- Click on the Create a Free Account button in the middle of the page.
- Fill out the from with your email address, password and account name.
- Next you will be asked for contact information. Fill this out.
- You will be required to enter a credit card. This doesn’t mean you will be charged a fee, however you can be depending on what services you use.
- You will be taken through a payment verification process as this point where a micro transaction will be conducted, the amount will very depending on the country you are in.
- You will be called by Amazon, to provide a pin which will be entered on the screen.
- Next choose a support plan based on your use, most likely it will be developer.
- You will be guided to a confirmation page.
- About 30 minutes to an hour later you will receive a confirmation email.
- You will be prompted to watch a tutorial.
Ensure that you check out the free tier limits and stay within those, or you will be charged for the services that you use.